Thursday 5 November 2009

A Novel Book Is Finally Up & Running!

And so it is finally here.


Thanks Ebay for forcing my hand. I guess I really needed to be pushed, otherwise I'd still be sitting here twiddling my thumbs, waiting for someone to do all the hard work for me. 


It is a LOT more work than I thought it would be. But it's all mine. No fees to Ebay. All the profit is mine - well, Mr Rudd gets some, the publishers get some, the web host gets some, the bank gets some. But what's left over is all mine - well, the kids get some, the dog needs vaccinating, the council rates will be due soon. But what's left over is all mine. 


Welcome to the world of small business.


Himself was telling me his thoughts on my new business venture. His goal (for me but meaning him) is for the business to turn over around $5000 a week, then he can quit work and come work for me. I actually think he meant to say "Turn over $5000 a week and I can go fishing". Good thing I can understand his undertones.


So, back to it. Have to earn my 25cents per book - after paying all of the above. But first I need someone to buy a book from me. 


Perhaps I need to add advertising to the list of creditors above 
Smileys

No comments: