Monday 9 November 2009

My Daughter, My Personal Trainer

I have started jogging again in the mornings. After some surgery early last year I discovered that I can actually run. I have nothing getting in my way anymore and I've found I'm not to bad at it. I started early this year, but after our holidays in May, swine flu in July & getting over winter, I never got back to it.


But one of the mums has become my jogging partner - and a good one she is too. 2 mornings at her house, 2 mornings at my house. Fridays off. Well Saturdays and Sundays off too Smileys. At 5.30 every morning. This morning we actually managed to run all the way around the lake - 1km. We were very proud. Probably won't be able to do it tomorrow though. Might need to borrow the wheelchair?


When I got home at just after 6am - 2 of the kids are up eating breakfast and Himself is getting his coffee ready to take to work. Miss 8 has decided she is my personal trainer.
"Don't sit down Mum. Lay down and give me 100 sit ups!"
Backgrounds | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com
Ok - that wasn't so bad.


"Now - DO THE SPLITS!" 


SPLITS!


I haven't done a split EVER. Even when I was 8 I couldn't do the splits. And now - at nearly 39 - she's expecting me to try?


Miss 8 is now not allowed out of her bedroom until 6.30am. That way I can make sure I've had a shower and am dressed before she attempts to make me do some pushups!!!


The benefits of being the client AND the mother.

No comments: