Sunday 1 November 2009

Clap Clap - Now Do I Have Your Attention?

At school, to get the kids attention, the teachers do this fantastic clapping thing. They do a series of claps and the kids all stop what they are doing and clap back. It is such a brilliant concept and seems to work every time.


But be warned, this is only to be used at school. Apparently, when you get the children home their ears stop working and you can clap until your hands fall off and not one person will hear you.


2 days ago we were in the car. Our car can be a very, very noisy place. There are 4 people all talking at once and nobody can hear a thing. Obviously Miss 5 (nearly 6) had had enough of this. I guess nobody was listening (see how she likes it for once Smileys ) so the next thing I hear is the clap clap thing.


And, surprise, it actually worked.


Miss 8 & Master 4 actually stopped talking and clapped back.


Now, if I could just remember the sequence I might be able to use it myself.

1 comment:

michelle said...

oh i too thought the clapping they used at school might carry over to home..but it doesnt work!! however my daughter does try it on me & sometimes i think what is she doing?? then remember the clapping at school!!