Friday 6 November 2009

An Afternoon of Cocktails :)

Had a very impromptu afternoon with one of my oldest girlfriends (and her daughters, hi K) and one of my newest girlfriends (and her son & daughter, hi S).


It was lovely and we all had our fair share of drinks. The kids were well fed and watered so they enjoyed themselves too.


Then they all went home and I started cleaning up. Bit of a mess but as soon as I put my feel good music on it's easy peesy. My feel good music is Bon Jovi. Very very very loud. With me as backing vocals. Very very loud.


Now, this is NOT a once off. Every time I need some motivation, on comes Jon, Ritchie & the boys. This has been happening for years. It also extends to doing the bookwork for Himself's business, getting ready for tax time, cleaning the house, baking on a Sunday afternoon, going for a run around the oval, driving by myself - or just whenever I feel I need a pick-me-up!


I didn't actually realise that I had motivational music until speaking to my sister tonight. She has referred to me as a Bogan. Be that as it may - I am a huge fan and have been since for the last 22 years. Some people might be motivated by Gospel, some by Bach, others by Anthony Robbins. But if you put on Slippery When Wet at full loudness I would clean your house from top to bottom - or until the music finished.


Go ahead and try it. It doesn't have to be the boys. It could be anything from your formative years, but I guarantee that the music from that time of your life will always put a smile on your face. 


Cheers 
Smileys

No comments: