Friday 12 March 2010

The Sandman Panel Van!

 I was driving on the freeway this morning and in front of me was a Sandman Panel Van.

I didn't even know these machines still existed. I thought they had been relegated to car museums, but how wrong I was.

And how many memories this car bought back to me. In fact, I was so busy reminiscing about the "good old days" I missed my exit and had to turn around and double back Smiley

I didn't spend an awful lot of time in a Sandman (my dad would have killed me if he had've found me in the back of one of them), but I was around enough of them to appreciate them. Many "do you remember the time" stories involved someone in a panel van. 

There were many names for this car as well. Do you remember the "Sin Bin" or the "Shaggin Wagon"? There was also another name for it too (I'm not mentioning it here) that had the word truck in it.

Geez I'm glad they aren't around anymore. I have 2 daughters who would probably love to go for a ride in one, and a son who would give his 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a ride in the back. I mean, how many cars are there that come with a mattress in the back?

Now that I think of it - I would be really happy if the car craze at the time of my kids being teenagers is more like this 

No comments: