Saturday 20 March 2010

A Grumpy Day In The Dixon Household!



A messy day today. Kids have been feral.

It started at around 6am (yes they were ALL up at that time) when Miss 8 felt slighted about something Miss 6 & Master 4 had done to her so proceeded to tell the WHOLE neighbourhood about it, at the top of her voice. She has a really, really good set of lungs on her.

Then...

When I take the kids out in public (usually the shops because that's where they turn feral) I have a system. They are warned before we set foot inside a shop. If they behave and I don't have to tell any of them off - they get a bribe, er treat. If I have to tell them off they get nothing. Miss 6 had the hugest tantrum at the shops this morning so no bribe, er treat for her afterwards. And you should have heard the commotion. I think every person that walked past us was positive that I had cut her arm off with a blunt pair of scissors!

And it got much worse when her sister  got the bribe, er treat, and she didn't. The commotion became a full on angry scream. There goes the other arm  Smiley. Master 4 missed out too because he and his sister just can't help themselves, but he's learnt very quickly to take his punishment like a man. He was ok with no donut (well, he probably wasn't but he say where things were headed with Miss 6 so he didn't make a peep).

Have had  a pretty quiet morning after all of that. Miss 6 has been in her bedroom since we got home. It's kinda peaceful too.

Might be time for me to have a wee nana nap tho. These early starts are killing me Smiley


Photobucket

No comments: