Monday 7 December 2009

My First EVER Published Article...

I have had my first foray into the world of writing - well, writing for a wider audience than myself that is. I have started writing for a bookselling blog. Here is my first attempt:
Bookshopblog.com


I was asked to write a minimum of 400 words. Now I have NO idea how much I'm writing when I get on here so I had a wee count & came to around 500 average. Easy I thought. I can do this.


So I started writing. Did you know that at the bottom of every word document there is a word tally? I had no idea! I was actually counting them individually Smiley

As I said, I started writing and looked down to find this magical number looking back at me. It said 695 words. WOW. I actually typed that many words without pausing to think about it. And it wasn't too bad. Just needed a wee bit of tweeking and viola! Done.


So, I emailed it off to The Man, who edited about 5 words and pressed the PUBLISH button. 


How excellent. I am so chuffed, and just a wee bit scared because he wants another one in 2 weeks!

1 comment:

sibylle said...

That's fantastic, Well done A :) xox