Friday 8 January 2010

Our Christmas Holiday


Well, another year over. Another Dixon Christmas holiday over. This year we decided to head north instead of south - so Ledge Point it was. I have never been to this lovely little sleepy hollow before. It was just gorgeous. A tiny little town, with a general store and a bakery. It has a beach, and, well that's about it. A wonderful place to relax. We swam, we surfed, we ate lots of icecream and we had a ball.



Master 4 learned how to swim overarm in the caravan park pool. He also learned how to boogey board & body surf with his Dad. He had a great time.









Miss 6 learnt how to ride her bike sans training wheels. Now she can go over speedbumps WAY faster than the recommended 8kms per hour!




Miss 8 showed her father & her uncle why she is the familys BEST fisherperson. She was the only one who caught fish on this holiday. And she caught 2 of the little things. She also likes to give them a big squishy hug before releasing them back into the surf. UGHHHH.

Even the grandparents got into the action. They each took up boogey boarding and had the best time showing us how it's done! Well done to you both. I attempted my first boogey board in probably 25 years and managed to get myself dumped (yeah, yeah - stop laughing NOW) and sustained a rather sizeable bruise on my knee which broke my fall during the dumping. I wore it very proudly during the holiday - making sure EVERYONE knew about my war wound.

We've been home 24 hours now and am missing the laid back lifestyle already. I'm on the 10th load of washing (because, for some reason, caravan park washing machines do not wash properly). As well as washing the 6 new pairs of sheets I bought from Grays Online Auctions (which I forgot to mention to Himself, mainly because I hadn't realised I'd bid on so many - OOPS).

Anyway, back to work. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into my books this year. I am feeling so enthusiastic about this year I don't think I can wait for it to start. I have so many plans and ideas that I'm not really sure if 365 days is enough. Oh, make that 357 (already lost 8 days). So I must be off. Have stuff to do - and I haven't even written up my new calendar yet which means I've already missed a birthday (sorry Uncle F, Happy Birthday for Wednesday xxx).

Hope your New Year is full of happyness and laughter. If I can get over this PMT mine will be too
Smiley



No comments: