Sunday 31 January 2010

Back To School Tomorrow


And I can't wait!!!

The kids are excited. I'm excited. Well, actually I'm a little apprehensive.

I feel like I'm starting my first day back at school. My tummy has wee butterflies. I know I won't get much sleep tonight. Will the teachers like me? Will the other parents want to have a coffee with me? Am I wearing the right clothes? Have I run over a child in the parking lot?

I know - all a bit silly really. But it does feel like I'm starting and not the kids.

Miss 8 (who is in Yr 3) is going into a split Yr 3/4 class which was completely unexpected. There are only 2 Yr 3 classes this year, both of them splits. The other is a Yr 2/3 class and I had assumed she would go into that one. 

I'm not ready for her to be in a 3/4. Not too sure why but I'm just not ready. She is though.

Miss 6 (going into Yr 1) will be in a Yr 1/2 class with Miss 8's teacher from last year. Mrs R is the BEST teacher any of my kids have ever been taught by (apologies to the other ones but Mrs R was born to be a teacher and it shows). I'm hugely happy about that and so is Miss 6. Even though she has none of her "besties" from Pre-Primary she doesn't care because she gets to have Mrs R - just like her sister. 

I'm not ready for her to be in a 1/2. Not too sure why but I'm just not ready. She is though.

Master 4 starts on Thursday and will go every Thursday & Friday to Kindy. He has the most gorgeous teacher. He also has his 2 best mates in the world in the same class. He is so excited. He told me it's going to be great to have his fans in his class with him.

FANS!!!!

I've explained the difference between a fan and a friend, but he's still insisting that they are his fans so good luck to them. And good luck to the teacher. She's going to need it. I have a sneaking suspicion that these boys are going to be a handful.

I'm not ready for him to be in Kindy. I'm ready for him to be at school full-time :)

This should be an interesting week.

Good luck to all who have littlies starting back this week. And biggies too.

2 comments:

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

your children look beautiful. I have three girls myself. But the youngest is seven. It goes by way too fast.
Take care from Northern Canada,
Dana

Amanda said...

Thanks Dana,
They may look beautiful but they have the devil in them at the moment :)
Very tired little people. Have a great weekend
Amanda