Sunday 6 September 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

It's Fathers Day today. YIPPEE!!!!!
A day for Himself to be showered with a whole heap of fantastic stuff. Stuff he actually wants (because his wife pays attention to what he likes - very unlike Mothers Day when I get what he 'thinks' I want). And then he gets heaps of lovely things that have been made at school, kindy & daycare.
He was spoilt rotten with lots of choccy things made for him, and Miss 8 made him about 10 different cards. After giving him his 6th card she was asked (very nicely) why there were so many.
"They are for when you die so you can remember me".
I'm thinking that his one wish for today is that today isn't the day he will need them.
"Kids say the darndest things".
Off to my sisters for a Fathers Day dinner of lots & lots of pizza. Then we can say Happy Fathers Day to our dad. We rang him this morning and Miss 5 got on to wish him a happy day & then gave phone to Master 3 who said hello, then put the phone down on the couch so he could continue watching the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (as you do). After about 5 minutes I asked him if he'd finished talking to Pop & could I have the phone back please? Surprise surprise - Pop is still waiting on the phone. Silly buggers.....
A fine start to the day :)

No comments: