Sunday 6 September 2009

25 Random Things About Me!

1. I am an Aquarian so I have very grand ideas - that almost never have follow through. I would like to change that one day. Not too sure if that means the ideas should be a lot smaller or much fewer!
2. I miss my mum more now, as my children get older, than I did when I was becoming an adult. Although I do hear her giving me advice ALL THE TIME, usually followed by a great big belly laugh. I guess she's with me more than not...
3. I really really really don't like Tom Cruise - or his very silly religion.
4. I didn't believe in God for a very long time - but, something is changing. Every now and then I feel the urge to have a chat with Him. It makes me feel a little calmer. Is that weird?
5. I love my friends. Very much. The ones I've known for 30 years, who knew me with ponytails and knobbly knees. The ones I've met in the last few years - who have known me with old & new boobs. The ones I'm going to meet who will know me as a very calm, happy, content Amanda.
6. I love wine. I think I might love it just a little too much. I am trying to find a happy medium but this last week of school holidays has tested me. I promise to do better - and perhaps keep the sipping to the weekends.
7. I wish my father had fallen in love with a woman that loved his family, or even liked his family. My children are now missing out on half of their grandparents because of this woman. Thank God for In-Laws.
8. I can't say Bureau.
9. I can't roll my tongue - but Himself and the kids can. So can Dad & little sis. Mum could too. Wasn't there something from Yr 10 Science about the tongue rolling genetics? I must've been standing in the boob line when they gave that gene out!!!
10. Sometimes, not very often because I am actually ok with it, just sometimes I wish Miss 8 didn't have Cerebral Palsy. But that is mainly for my benefit. I just know how hard it's going to be for her and would love for her life to not be too hard.
11. I wish I didn't cry so bloody easily. WUSS!!!
12. I want to take Himself to Turkey. He would love it, although he doesn't think he will.
13. I will never, ever forgive my mum & dad for not letting me go and see ABBA at the Entertainment Centre when I was 8. I have never gotten over that, although dad did try to make it up to me when he took me to see the WWF (with Junkyard Dog & Tito) around 1984. Still, not quite the same.
14. Wow - this is harder than I thought. I sometimes think I'm just cruising through life. I think I need a challenge, but I'm just a little bit busy at the mo. Could I order one in about 4 years time?
15. I am really really looking forward to turning 40. I think (here comes that bloody number 11 again) it's because Mum didn't get that far and I think it will be a huge thing. I really need to practice my rollerskating tho.
16. I love reading. I love bookclub. I love selling books on Ebay. I always wanted to write a book. Perhaps this is where number 14 comes in?
17. I love that my kids love camping. We would be in an awful lot of trouble if they were all tent-haters.
18. I love having acrylic nails. They have fixed my dermatitis up too. I love that I can change them whenever I want to. I love that it's a really girly thing to do (I don't get much of a chance to do girly things at the mo). I love that they look so great. Jen does rock!!!
19. I worry (more than I should) about Himself & I not being here for the kids. I guess that's a parent thing but, still, I worry. Alot. (number 11 again)
20. I'm actually finding this really theraputic. Perhaps I needed to vent some stuff?
21. I love love love David Duchovny, Christian Slater, Hyde (from That 70's Show), Cold Chisel, John Sheppard (Stargate Atlantis) & now Timothy Hutton.
22. I watch too much TV.
23. My dream car has always been a Porsche. Still is. Still a dream...
24. I wish I had the guts to get my ears pierced again. I can still remember how much it hurt when I was 10 tho...
25. I am so glad I don't smoke anymore - but I love being downwind from someone who's just lit one up. When does that stop? It's been 12 years

No comments: