Tuesday 20 October 2009

Summer Is Almost Here!

Last weekend was the hottest day we've had since April (at least). 


So, what do you do with the kids if you can't be bothered getting to the beach in 38 degree temps? You get them to wash your car Smileys


And you also ask your 2 year old neice to help. I'm not too sure how much of the car got washed but the kids were sure clean (and cool) when they'd finished. 


But we all can not wait for summer to get here properly. This winter was a very very long one. We were all so sick for so long - it's nice to bet some Vitamin D back into us. And my powerbill is bound to be about $300 cheaper because the dryer has been retired until next year.


I am going to miss the easy slow cooker dinners though. How easy is it to just load the cooker up with yummy stuff, turn it on - and come back to eat it in 8 hours? But, having said that I think I've found the summer equivalent to the "easy winter slow cooker meals".
(And when I say equivalent I actually mean easy)
WRAPS.


And, Miss Fussy 5 eats them until they are ALL gone. She will stuff it with everything we have on offer (except tomato's) and then ask for more. Why have I never discovered this before? Or is it that seasonal food that is loved one season & abhorred the next?


I have a very vivid memory of Mum introducing me to plums when I was very little. And loving them. I can also follow that up with the memory of Mum trying to reintroduce them to me the following season and turning my fussy nose up at them. I can still hear her saying "But you've eaten them before", and me answering "Yes I know but I don't like them anymore".


I wonder where Miss 5 gets it from???Smileys

No comments: